Serving over 140 NZ Companies Exporting Certified Organic Products to 90 markets around the world earning $400 million in export receipts and a market sector value of $630 million.
There is no other organisation in New Zealand that represents more organic trade than the Organic Exporters Association
Our membership network is diverse and includes a mix of New Zealand’s largest exporters through to smaller family based operations as well as the New Zealand organic certifiers and regulators. The core role of the Organic Exporters is to link members together to share knowledge and resources and make progress on the common issues as we strive to deliver the vision of a vibrant and growing organic export sector.
Applications for Organic Exporters membership are open to all organisations - including those not currently exporting, but which are interested in promoting the opportunities for New Zealand organic products.
Organic market opportunities continue to grow strongly but so does the complexity. The collective support and information sharing offered by the Organic Exporters network is increasingly important to navigate this environment as we strive to grow our organic exports.
For the latest in Trade shows and other offers please check out: https://neuseeland.ahk.de/en/?utm_campaign=Support
Get Inside the Member Only Section and Find What You Need Including;
- How to Access Organic Markets - by Country
- Market Reports
- Updates on the NZ Government Official Organic Assurance Programme (OOAP)
- AGM & Annual Reports
- International Organic Trade Shows - calendar and updates. We provided discounted costs on all Trade Shows.
- Our Strategy
- Other Key Links to help you
- International Status of Organic Regulations covering over 90 markets
ORGANIC REGULATION IN 2020
We are working together with you to play our part to have one of the best organic regulatory regimes in the world. Here are some key dates;
27 February 2020 - Agriculture and Food Safety Minister Damien O'Connor introduced the Organics Product Bill to Parliament.
28 May 2020 – The date that submissions closed. See our submission here.
Date yet to be determined – Second Reading.
Date yet to be determined - Committee of Whole House.
Date yet to be determined - Third Reading.
Date yet to be determined - Royal Accent.
Date yet to be determined - Consultation on the regulatory proposals.
The Organic Exporters Association has been a champion for organic regulation in New Zealand since 2012. As one the three foundation members in the inaugural “New Zealand Organic Regulations Working Group” in 2012. The Organic Exporters Association published the first Organic Regulations “White Paper” in 2015 for consultation with MPI. In August 2017 the formal process with government began.
Mount Maunganui 14-16 October 2020
Organic Exporters Annual Event
Partnered with Zespri International
This event consists of three experiences, the Two-Day Bay of Plenty Organic Insights Tour to five operations, the AGM, and Annual Presentations Dinner with an opening address by the Hon Damien O'Connor.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR TWO-DAY BAY OF PLENTY ORGANIC INSIGHTS TOUR Included with your tickets are;
- The Story of Zespri Kiwifruit
- Two days of organic lunches
- Luxury coach travel
- Tour of Pure Bottling
- Minister O'Connor's Opening Address
- MPI Presenting the 2019-2020 OOAP Annual Report
- The Bostock Brothers Chicken Story
- Organic Exporters Review and 2021 Plans
- Live Music by the Amici Musicali Trio
- Organic Canapés
- Organic Villa Maria Wines
- Organic Karma Cola soft drinks
- Organic dinner service
- Tour of Waiu Dairy in Kawerau.
- Tour of Kytui Kiwifruit Orchard
- Tour of Trevelyan's Kiwifruit packing operation
Search this link for full details and tickets