Servings over 140 NZ Companies Exporting Certified Organic Products to 90 markets around the world.
Our membership network is diverse and includes a mix of New Zealand’s largest exporters through to smaller family based operations as well as the New Zealand organic certifiers and regulators. The core role of the Organic Exporters is to link members together to share knowledge and resources and make progress on the common issues as we strive to deliver the vision of a vibrant and growing organic export sector.
Applications for Organic Exporters membership are open to all organisations - including those not currently exporting, but which are interested in promoting the opportunities for New Zealand organic products.
Organic market opportunities continue to grow strongly but so does the complexity. The collective support and information sharing offered by the Organic Exporters network is increasingly important to navigate this environment as we strive to grow our organic exports.
Get Inside the Member Only Section and Find What You Need Including;
- Market Reports
- Updates on the NZ Government Official Organic Assurance Programme (OOAP)
- AGM & Annual Reports
- International Organic Trade Shows - calendar and updates. We provided discounted costs on all Trade Shows.
- Our Strategy
- Other Key Links to help you
- International Status of Organic Regulations covering over 90 markets
New Zealand Organic Regulations Takes Another Step Closer
The Organic Exporters Association has been a champion for organic regulation in New Zealand since 2012. The Executive Director was one the three foundation members in the inaugural “New Zealand Organic Regulations Working Group” in 2012. The Organic Exporters Association published the first Organic Regulations “White Paper” in 2015 for consultation with MPI.
Last year in August 2017 we met with the Food Safety Minister, the Honourable David Bennett to provide further framework.
The change of government has not dampened the pace. In November 2017 some of your Organic Exporters executive team met with government officials who are charged with part of the organic regulation team. The new Minister for Agriculture Hon Damien O'Connor hopes to release a paper in March this year. We have a meeting set with the Minister for 26th March.
2018 BioFach Shanghai
We can be your representative in BioFach Shanghai
Six New Zealand leading organic exporting companies are planning to exhibit at BIOFACH China this May. This is being supported by NZTE and the German New Zealand Chamber of Commerce. The Organic Exporters Association is supporting this event in planning and coordinating the fair. In addition to the above representation The Organic Exporters are offering a cost-effective strategy targeted at NZ organic companies who want to test/enter the market but do not wish to take the cost of a stand at this time. This will enable a profile of your products at China BioFach as well as to obtain information on market opportunities and competitors.
For an investment of $500 plus GST ($700 +GST for non-members) the Organic Exporters undertake to:
1. Provide space for the display of your company’s products and promotional information
2. Represent your business and hand out your business cards.
3. Offer your samples.
4. Actively promote your product range at the trade fair.
5. Identifying and make linkages with potential buyers at the fair.
6. Provide detailed information to those making inquiries at the stand
7. Provide a short 5-7-page report after the event which is to include a review of your company’s product category, including competing companies, their products, prices , features & a review of possible opportunities for the company.
1. The cost to have your samples (if any) and marketing material delivered to the event will be your additional cost. We will guide you.
2. No returns of samples or marketing collateral will be available.
For tickets and more information contact the official NZ office for BioFach at firstname.lastname@example.org